Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Who to get!

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kaya does seem to have a quiet dignity, and while her outfits can be more difficult to put on (especially the moccasins), they are very beautiful. I am one who loves her hair, even out of the braids. It is very long (down to her ankles) when it is out of the braids, but if you are careful to keep it spritzed with water and brushed and under control, it doesn't tangle any more than the other dolls' hair. This is what my Kaya's hair looks like right now:
    eed3c03d

    On the other hand, I also love Kirsten - she just seems so sweet and playful. She does have more clothes, they are generally cute outfits, and she is easier to dress than Kaya. If you don't do too much with your dolls' hair, Kirsten's might be easier for you to manage.

    That said, when I'm trying to choose a new doll, I generally just look at them both back and forth on the website and see which one is "speaking" to me at that time. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 26, 2006 05:55 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

  2. #12
    Felicity_Fan85
    Guest Felicity_Fan85's Avatar

    Post

    I have both Kaya and Kirsten- I don't think I've found the trick to Kirsten's loops, and Kaya's hair can tangle, but technically so can any other doll's hair. I love them both- so I am probably no help here. But when I first saw Kaya in the catalogs when she introduced, I never wanted her- but she is adorable!

  3. #13
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Jeanette, I love that picture of Kaya! I want her along with Emily next.

    I vote for Kaya! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I vote for Kaya. If it will be a year till you get another doll, you'll have to look at all those blonds for a long time. Kaya is a real sweetie and so different. In the catalogs, I thought she looked like she was depressed or about to cry. But after seeing my daughter's doll, she looks adorable and not so serious. She looks great in many AGT outfits too if you are so inclined and her hair is really fun to style.

    Julia

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner cebula_2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2005
    Posts
    848
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bangs...no bangs... smile with teeth...no smile with teeth... blond or dark hair...(and no, there is nothing wrong with blond dollies or people and it is not used, nor can it be used, too much.) large collection...smaller collection...

    Which would you like better?

    I personally reccommend Kirsten because she is so cute and loveable and has a great story and is interesting and her hair is easier to deal with (so I've heard) and she's wonderful and did I mention I loved Kirsten???? (She was my first dolly [img]wink.gif[/img] ). Anyway...I would ask myself the above questions (plus a few more I can't think of) and then, if I couldn't decide, go with Kirsten... [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Sorry I don't have any pics to post.
    Good luck deciding!!!!!

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 26, 2006 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Tra ]</font>

  6. #16
    Inactive Member MollyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2005
    Posts
    945
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry I don't have a Kaya to post a picture of. But my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] go with Kirsten. She has lots of clothes which are really cute. Her boots are darling and she has great accessories. Her table and chairs are super as well as her pretty bed and night stand. I think you will be happy with her.

    [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Kenshinchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2006
    Posts
    1,024
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Of course I would say get Kirsten, since she's the only doll I have. [img]redface.gif[/img] I understand your hesitance to get another blonde doll, though; I realized that if I were to buy more dolls, they'd definitely be Kit and/or Nellie, so I'd have a blonde family; aiee! (I prefer brown hair, myself, but at least I have a PM Kirsten so her hair is kind of ashy.)

    Obviously it's your choice, though--if you really want Kaya, get her. Both dolls have good and bad points; I find Kaya's small collection size a good thing (less money to spend!), although I'd sure be sad not to have so many outfits to put her into. Kaya does appear to have a sweet face, and it's neat that she's different from the other girls. I can see where you're conflicted! My preference is Kirsten, though!

  8. #18
    Polly Marie
    Guest Polly Marie's Avatar

    Post

    I would choose Kaya! Kirsten is cute but if your budget is limited then you can craft a lot of Kaya's accessories such as pottery with clay, clothing of faux suade,a tepee,etc.
    But whichever doll you choose, I'm sure she will be loved.
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •